yesterday, a good friend of mine ask me, why do I like volunteering? a few friends have asked me, why do I like helping other people? some ask, if I have time for myself and is helping people taking a toll in my life?
God answered me by allowing me to stumble open this quote by the person my beloved university is named after:
'Adopt as your fundamental creed that you will equip yourself for life, not solely for your own benefit but for the benefit of the whole community' - Sir John Monash (1923)
Personally, dear friends, I love helping, I love being there for you all, I can't stress how much joy I feel when I see my friends and people happy. Yes I might be tired, and I might be upset, I might not have my own time, but if you love me, you know that I do enjoy helping and being there for everyone if I can.
Another thing I learn, actually, I have known this for a long time, yesterday he made a valid point:
if I am worried about what my 'friend' thinks about me, that 'friend' is not a real friend because if he/she is a real friend, he/she accepts me for who I am.
Also, he pointed out, the simplest structure to how I can believe in a relationship: that I'll share another time, because I got to go SHOPPING with SLJ and II, ikea and grocery shopping here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment