Pages

Saturday, December 05, 2015

What is love?

I woke up and stumbled onto something that surprised me, or shocked me would be the better word i think? I am unsure on how to react still after going through it a dozen times since the morning. However, a thought finally came to me and well, with me i write everything, difference is if i share or not. 

Just a few days ago a dear friend asked me, 'What is love?'

What is love?

According to Wikipedia:

Love is a variety of different feelings, states and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection to pleasure. It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment.

Is that all love is? In words maybe. 

But love, love is a funny thing no?

Its so overwhelming sometimes that crosses boundaries you never knew existed but at the same time so shallow its almost non-existent. 

What has complicated this thing called love?

I think love is simple but yet the mind of man just cannot accept the simplicity of love. However...

It took me until today, one month and 17 days later as I stumble upon this quote again that I can finally complete this post. 


Love is a choice. 

Someone once told me once "a relationship is one whole heart being with  another whole heart, not two halves coming together as one."

It is true. 

Once you've made a wholehearted decision to love, then love, love through the darkness because even in the depths of darkness there will always be light. 

You will always find laughter in the midst of tears, and overwhelming love in all the crazy because even though love is a simple decision to make, a choice, but love makes you go crazy with emotions because the thought of losing the one you love is just... 

Love. 

Love is beautiful, but it is bittersweet.

That's why it says, "... Til death do us apart."





No comments:

Post a Comment