A friend left us so suddenly.
Memories of her overflowed my thoughts and with them a tsunami of past losts, past memories of loved ones lost through my bittersweet relationship with Time.
My spirits could not make things better that day. It was time for some alone time. I put away for a moment most everything for a couple of days.
With that I added a spontaneous adventure into my memory storage, bonded with someone dear I've not met in many years, spent time with family and great friends.
It was humbling and peaceful.
To have loved ones who understood I needed this time, to have their words of counsel, encouragement and wisdom. It was more than I could have imagined.
I am blessed to be surrounded by this wonderful individuals.
"June, think of it this way, you lost one person you love, and for that trade, you gained several more good friends"
He has been there through all seasons, chapters, the rollercoaster of life with me. Thank you.
And today, I felt the joy of birth!
A dear friend, a sister, and now a proud glowing mother of a one-week old son!
The joy and happiness I felt me struck me - this is life and love.
Love.
In life we sometimes lose the people we love so dearly and as we journey on in our life, we will continue to love more and at the same time grieve the lost of loved ones to death, to time, to difference, and sometimes for no reason at all.
For it is in our ability to love, hope, and embrace goodness limitlessly.
Love with all your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment