Attention People!
Friends, family, I think many of humanity and mankind have forgotten the Golden Rule so here is a fresher course for everyone including myself.
Friends, family, I think many of humanity and mankind have forgotten the Golden Rule so here is a fresher course for everyone including myself.
The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim, an ethical code, or a morality.
Below are some of the states of the Golden Rule:
- One should treat others according to how one would like others to treat one's self
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- One should not treat others in ways one would not like to be treated
- Do not treat others in ways you would not like to be treated
However, the common English phrase we should all be familiar with is:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Remember dear friends and family, when you feel the green eye monster in you for no apparent reason, do not treat someone dear to you harshly, it is not anyone's fault but the devil's fiery darts. There is no reason to create drama when drama is avoidable.
I use to leave by this words, until my world was darken by it, but now, after reading Derrida, his theory of forgiveness has made me think that we should push our limits; not just to forgive the forgivable, but forgiveness should be about being able to forgive even the unforgivable. Only then will you genuinely be a whole-hearted forgiver.
I know there are many critiques about Derrida's way of thinking, and many would say it is im-possible, but I believe that by pushing the limits, you would be a better person.
Lastle, before I end this post, I challenge whoever is out there, to try living by the Golden Rule for at least a week, and see if it does make you feel like you are a better person; ego and pride are two distinct characteristics, you would have more pride by hurting it a little, but ego, all together is something the world is better without.
Ask yourself this:
Why maintain your ego, when you will only hurt the people around you more, my assumption that is that the people around you should be the people who you love and care for dearly; a big ego is nothing to be proud of.
I use to leave by this words, until my world was darken by it, but now, after reading Derrida, his theory of forgiveness has made me think that we should push our limits; not just to forgive the forgivable, but forgiveness should be about being able to forgive even the unforgivable. Only then will you genuinely be a whole-hearted forgiver.
I know there are many critiques about Derrida's way of thinking, and many would say it is im-possible, but I believe that by pushing the limits, you would be a better person.
Lastle, before I end this post, I challenge whoever is out there, to try living by the Golden Rule for at least a week, and see if it does make you feel like you are a better person; ego and pride are two distinct characteristics, you would have more pride by hurting it a little, but ego, all together is something the world is better without.
Ask yourself this:
Why maintain your ego, when you will only hurt the people around you more, my assumption that is that the people around you should be the people who you love and care for dearly; a big ego is nothing to be proud of.
No comments:
Post a Comment