Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Royal Melbourne Show Sunday

Wow, what a day it has been, I am ridiculously embarrassed to admit this, but I could not get out of bed for church this morning, it was at 8.30am! Again, SLJ called to wake me up, but I was horribly tired.. sorry darling..

However, three hours later, MJ and I were in the tram on the way to meet everyone at Mekong, we looked like a group of tourists, with cameras, and everything. The day didn't start quite well, the sky was dull and the pictures looked colourless, thus lots of me complaining about my pictures..

Then, we all split up, the people and the cars went their way, and then , there was the seven of us, TRAIN PEOPLE: they're the bottom few girls and one guy.. however, we naughty people did not head straight to the train station on Flinders, we made a pit-stop..


at Myers..


down narrow streets...


Laurent on Lt Collins St...
*oh the delicious macaroons*



next Degraves St:

1. free fish from Sea Salt


2. cupcakes from Little Cupcakes


... and we also stopped for coffee at The Quarters, then to Kailyn's place, then to Coles, and finally Flinders Station; where we sort of walked and run to Platform 8 to catch the express train to the Showgrounds.

oh, and CONGRATULATIONS TO TMJ!
for it was her first train ride in Melbourne since she arrived...
so sad case.. =p


Finally, we arrive at the show ground, sky was still spelling Doom Gloom but oh, well, at least it wasn't raining...


and we raced to the Ferris Wheel to meet the other 'teams'


Stop #1 Dog Show Grounds

absolutely lovely dogs of all breeds, some tired, some proudly gracing the attention, some preparing to go out to the competitions...


Stop #2 Games

so cute the little boy won a big yellow fish, and
I quote MJ: if a kid can win such a big fish, I can also..


and she did,
she finally got a dog and she stopped bugging me for a real dog..
FINALLY!


Stop #3 Food

We had free samples, Vanilla ice cream from Timboon, Heavenly Chocolate Fudge, Real Lemon Curd Tart, omg all so awe-some nyum nyum yummy yummy..

oh, and the skies brighten a little after we took a stop for food..
I manage to get this picture of the rides all up in the skies..
its so beautiful it cheered me up immediately.


Stop #4 Showbags

wow, we all got something from there, and I bet you'll love it too, beside soft toys: cookie monsters and elmos, Dora showbags..

we got...

FOAM HATS!

in all the colours they had in the shop...


we then stopped at random stops and walked around, fixed my soft toy and everything..
then we headed home..

I was tired, after FIVE hours of walking around with unpredictable weather - cold, warm, hot, windy, drizzles..

In the train:

Cookie Monster with the tram ticket... he will be going to a child, Hannah told me about Shoebox Day, and yes, I have decided that Cookie Monster will go to a lucky child who will love it and have his company just like Mr Giraffe is to me. =)


I just had to take SLJ with all the soft toys, she is like a sister I did not meet til I came to Melbourne, she loves soft toys more than I do..


Finally, I shall close this post with my favourite picture of the day, the last picture I took before leaving the Showgrounds..

I looked back at the theme park and I saw this beautiful sun set and all the rides just perfectly in place as if giving me just those few seconds to take this absolutely perfect picture.


The day I must say ended gracefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment